Wednesday 3 February 2010

Getting Started

Hello!
I was getting sick of not doing anything creative any more: all I read now is philosophy, I have no real time for painting or even as much time as I used to for photography- I was kind of in an imaginative rut. The Summer Ends Zine is an attempt to dig my way out...

I am hoping to compile retrospective stories from all kinds of different people, each telling their tale in whatever medium suits them best. Each issue will have a different theme that people can submit content to, and announcements will be made through this blog and Facebook as to when issues are finished, and new ones are beginning.

The medium of contribution will primarily be via an online survey, one per issue. If, however, you want to give them to me in person, message me them on Facebook or even hand-deliver them- go for it! You can contribute stories, songs or poems- whatever you like really. If you have drawings or photographs to submit, please add a link to them in the main comment box of the survey.

Each issue, as well as having stories, will have an assorted accompaniment of doodles, photos and sketches. There will also be a thematically-appropriate track listing of suggested songs to check out, and a spotify playlist. The back page will detail the next issue's topic (which you will also be able to find on this blog), and have some sort of interactive feature.

If you think this might be something you're interested in, please contribute to or follow the progress of The Summer Ends.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment